Last Updated:February 22, 2018
List of topics:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Use or Sharing of Personal Information
- Use or Sharing of Other Information
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising
- Social Networking and Third Party Sites
- California Residents
- U.S. Site
- Managing Your Account Information and Communications Preferences
Information We Collect
Personal Information. The types of information we collect that identify you or relate to you as an individual (“Personal Information“) include things such as the following:
- Name, Date of Birth, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, username and password (for account administration), when you supply this information voluntarily.
- Device ID, including IP address, which are automatically collected and, while they don’t identify you as an individual, do identify a particular computer or mobile device.
- Geolocation (if you are using a mobile application and you consent to this function).
- Financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for order processing).
- Additional Personal Information you may submit as necessary for creating an account, placing an order, or for the administration of particular promotional events, such as sweepstakes or contests.
Other Information. Other types of data will also be collected periodically, such as:
- Type of browser and operating system, mobile application usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information which means entry and exit points (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views, and impressions, all of which are collected automatically
- Demographic information you choose to submit and which we may combine on an anonymous basis with similar information from other users
- Device Information – Device type and operating-system identification.
How We Use Information
- Process and manage your purchase and use of our products and services
- Respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums
- Create and deliver personalized promotions based on your purchases and other interactions with us
- Send you communications about offerings from Beauty Bio and our affiliated companies
- Enable your use of any sharing functions via our Site or Services.
- Improve our Site and Services, including to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to operate and expand our business activities
Use or Sharing of Personal Information
Except as set forth below, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Beauty Bio and our related companies.
To Perform Services and Complete Orders For You
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, product shipping, auditing and other similar services necessary to the Site and any Services your request or products you order.
To Send You Offers or Information About Our Products and Services
From time to time, we may send you offers or information about our products or services. You may opt out from receiving emails from us by using the unsubscribe/opt-out option in such emails.
Corporate Transactions or Events
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Compliance with Law
We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Beauty Bio or others ; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
Third Party Marketing
We may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with trusted third-party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our third-party marketing partners, you may opt-out from any future sharing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to us at 3811 Turtle Creek Blvd. Suite 1300 Dallas, TX 75219.
Use or Sharing of OTHER Information
Non-personal information may be used for any purpose not prohibited by law. For example, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all information that does not identify an individual (or that has been modified to remove individual identification).
Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising
What Are Cookies?
Beauty Bio and its agents use small text files called cookies, (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of data that we and our agents place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your online interaction with us.
Your Control of Cookies
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of the Beauty Bio Site or Services may not work as well (or at all) for you.
Social Networking And Third Party Sites
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 3811 Turtle Creek Blvd. Suite 1300 Dallas, TX 75219. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
The Beauty Bio Site and Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information.
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through the Beauty Bio Site and Services. However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft might not occur.
Changes and Updates